Sunday, December 21, 2014

Knitting? What's that?

I have, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR WIPs sitting on needles, all in beginning stages.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a problem. >.> Just not enough time, etc. Well this is my 2015 resolution: carve out time for ME. That means time for reading, time for blogging, time for knitting, time for exercise, vacation, etc.

2015 is all about ME. Okay, and my niecelette who is due to be born around the end of February. :) I cannot wait to meet her!

In sad news, my darling Maddie, the sweetest little westie in the world, had to be put to sleep on December 7th. After months of medication and treatment, we finally reached that point where we had to do the humane thing as she was suffering.



The grief comes and goes. I was bereft when we took her over. I cuddled her and sang to her all her favorite songs. (I learned that these songs were her favorite by trial and error. As she lost her sight and got older, I would sing her to sleep at bedtime. She'd snuggle in and give a happy little sigh and then start to snore.) I got to hold her as she left this world. I was ugly crying and sobbing, and kissing her head, and still singing as her eyes closed, although my voice was broken. My heart is broken. And then some days I'm okay. And then I swear I see her out of the corner of my eye or I'll see an adorable westie on instagram that reminds me of her, and I'm reduced to a bucket of tears.

They all touch your heart, but some hurt more than others. Last January we said goodbye to my cat Mokie (15 years old) and almost a year later, I had to say goodbye to Maddie, also 15. It sucked.

But I have happy memories to sustain me! And I shall make 2015 all about me and happiness.

Sending out love in the world in Maddie and Mokie's names!

No comments:

Post a Comment